Tuesday, April 16, 2013

To the Lake

Last night we went for a bike ride in our "big back yard".  We were just going to go to the lake, but we were pretty motivated and did a nice little loop.  I didn't take my camera because I knew we didn't have time, but here are some pics from last Saturday in the same location.

Yes, that is a train and not the lake!  We always hear the train from the house, but we never get to see it. 
 Here it is a little closer.  I like the way this one is framed.  Being so close to the train, made me feel like I was going to get pulled in.
I haven't been this close to a train in a long time.  This picture gives the sense of the speed and movement.

Finally, about the lake...I enjoyed the lily pads and the one that looks like a bowl in the bottom corner is pretty cool.

The flowers are starting to bloom so I need to take the camera back again soon.  
Here I was trying to frame the tree.  Next time I would like to get down a little lower and get the tree in focus.  Taking pictures is addictive!  Can't wait to play some more in our big back yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment